Giant Hogweed (Heracleum mantegazzianum)

Giant Hogweed is extremely poisonous! Since Giant Hogweed is a Class A noxious weed, homeowners are required to remove it.

Severe burns can result from skin contact with sap from Giant Hogweed. It is very important to wear protective gear, like gloves and sleeves, during removal. Never burn the plant material since the smoke is also poisonous. It is recommended that you contact your local Weed Coordinator at the County Extension Office for assistance prior to eradication.

  • Giant Hogweed flowers and stalk.

  • Blistering as a result of skin contact with sap from the Giant Hogweed